How to buy Polkadot (DOT): for Fiat and cryptocurrency
The Polkadot cryptocurrency appeared only in 2020, but it is already very popular and is among the top ten coins by capitalization.
Especially for those who are looking for how to buy Polkadot (DOT), sell or exchange, in this material we have collected all the best trading platforms for working with this cryptocurrency.
Fast instructions for buying Polkadot (DOT) on Binance
The DOT cryptocurrency is a native token of the Polkadot platform, which is used to manage key functions of the network.
At the moment, the DOT coin is represented on all major exchanges, including the market leader Binance exchange.
Buying Polkadot (DOT) on Binance is possible with Visa or MasterCard, as well as for other cryptocurrencies and requires a few simple steps.
- Register on the Binance cryptocurrency exchange.
- Select "Buy Cryptocurrency" and then the “Credit/Debit Card” subsection.
- Specify in the form the preferred currency of the debit, the cryptocurrency of the purchase and the amount.
- Check out the exchange rate and the number of cryptocurrencies being purchased and click "Continue".
- Go through a small KYC procedure by entering your full name, country of residence and INN in the form.
- Enter the card details and make the payment.
Immediately after the transaction is processed, DOT coins will be credited to your exchange account.
Where to buy Polkadot (DOT)?
The Polkadot project is not yet supported by payment systems and exchangers, such as Bitcoin and Ethereum. But it can also be easily purchased on a variety of cryptocurrency exchanges, including for fiat money.
The Binance cryptocurrency exchange offers its traders low commission fees, more cryptocurrencies and trading instruments than other platforms. And according to the rating of CoinMarketCap, it is the No. 1 exchange in the world.
You can also buy Polkadot (DOT) on the platform for cryptocurrencies. There are 12+ DOT pairs on the Binance spot market, but the easiest way to make a purchase for cryptocurrency is in the conversion section.
- Create an account on Binance.
- Top up your exchange account with a convenient cryptocurrency by sending coins to a wallet provided by the exchange.
- Go to the "Fiat and Spot" section
- Use the search and find the "DOT" coin
- Opposite the coin, click on the "Trade" button
- Choose a pair for trading
- Enter the amount you want to make the exchange for
- Check the information about the upcoming transaction and if everything is correct, confirm the exchange.
The minimum purchase amount is 20 USDT or equivalent in another cryptocurrency, and the maximum depends on the level of account verification.
Payment: Cryptocurrencies, Visa or MasterCard, PayPal, Advcash, Simplex, Banxa and others.
- the trading commission is only 0.1% and can be reduced by the loyalty program;
- over 1,350 trading pairs have been collected on the platform and this list is constantly being updated;
- Binance implements all types of trading and has collected a lot of tools for earning money for investors and traders.
- buying in the sections for quick trading is limited by limits that can be circumvented by making a purchase through the spot market.
The Huobi cryptocurrency exchange is distinguished by its functionality and simplicity. The platform has collected over 340 cryptocurrencies and 920 trading pairs. There is a section for quick buying, spot trading, margin and futures trading.
You can buy Polkadot (DOT) on the platform on the spot market, where the coin is presented in three trading pairs with HUSD, USDT, and Bitcoin stablecoins. Huobi also offers a quick purchase of DOT for fiat with payment by more than 60 methods.
- Open the exchange's website and click "Register". Fill out a small form and create an account.
- On the top panel of the site, select the "Balances" section, and then go to the “Exchange" tab.
- Top up your exchange account with a cryptocurrency convenient for you
- In the search bar, find the "DOT" coin in
- front of the coin, click on the colon and select a pair for trading
- Enter the amount for the purchase
- If everything suits you, then click on the "Buy DOT" button
The minimum purchase amount in the section is 15 USD.
Payment: cryptocurrencies, cards, bank transfers, electronic wallets.
You can also top up the balance of the exchange with Fiat, or buy cryptocurrency immediately for Fiat. To do this, go to the "Buy Crypto" section, then choose a payment method that is convenient for you, select a cryptocurrency and click on the "Buy" button. Next, the exchange will ask you to go through a small KYC procedure.
- work experience since 2013;
- occupies a leading position in the ranking in terms of trading volume;
- provides a variety of payment options and works with 57 national currencies.
- in some places you can find poor-quality translation into languages other than English
- small amounts for withdrawal of funds, without passing KYC
KuCoin is a relatively young Hong Kong cryptocurrency exchange. The platform opened in 2017, but thanks to its team of experienced developers, it was immediately able to offer a high-quality set of tools for trading and quickly broke out into the tops. Today, the exchange occupies the 6th position in the ranking of the best according to CoinMarketCap, and even surpasses Binance in terms of the number of cryptocurrencies presented.
Buying Polkadot (DOT) on the platform is available for more than 40 fiat currencies and does not take much time.
- Open the official website of the exchange and select the registration section in the upper panel.
- Fill out a small form and activate your profile via a mobile number or email.
- Log in to your account and select the "Buy cryptocurrency" section in the main menu.
- Select the fiat currency you want to spend and specify DOT as the asset you want to purchase.
- Enter the purchase amount and click on the preferred payment method.
- Read the terms of the exchange and click "Confirm".
- Provide some personal information about yourself to pass the initial verification.
- Complete the purchase by making the payment.
The minimum purchase amount in this section is not limited, and the maximum is 20 thousand dollars, but also depends on the degree of account verification.
Payment: cryptocurrencies, Visa or MasterCard, Simplex, Banxa and others.
- over 400 cryptocurrencies are represented in the listing of the platform;
- simple registration, which will take only a couple of minutes;
- trading commissions start at 0.1% and can be reduced under the loyalty program;
- work with a variety of national currencies.
- compared to other top exchanges, KuCoin has a small trading volume.
The CEX cryptocurrency Exchange.IO cannot boast the same trading volume as Binance.
The exchange is also inferior to the number of cryptocurrencies represented in the listing. But the CEX exchange.IO has a good reputation, experience in the market since 2013 and a convenient mechanism for buying cryptocurrencies for fiat money.
- Create an account on CEX.IO
- Select the Products section and then Instant Buy
- In the Buy column, the DOT cryptocurrency, and in the For column, a convenient payment currency
- At the bottom of the page, select one of the purchase packages or set the amount yourself
- Click the Buy button. On the new page, the service is asked to go through a small verification procedure. After that, it will only be necessary to enter the card details and make the payment
The minimum purchase amount in the section is 20 USD.
Payment: cryptocurrencies, bank cards.
- many years of experience in the market;
- quick sale of cryptocurrencies for the four most common
- cryptocurrencies, including rubles;
- a simple identity verification procedure.
- a small number of cryptocurrencies in the listing.
How to choose the best time to buy
Just 9 months after the launch, the value of the Polkadot cryptocurrency has grown by more than 1,500%, bringing huge profits to its investors and traders. Today, according to CoinMarketCap, the coin is already in the TOP 10 of the best, which makes it popular for market manipulation.
In order not to lose money at the time of purchase, we recommend that you carefully study the price change schedule. It is worth avoiding buying in the bull market when the value of the coin exceeds its average value. Try to catch the lowest coin value to enter the market.
Where to store Polkadot (DOT)
There are many cryptocurrency wallets that allow you to store Polkadot, including exchange ones. But if we talk about the safest, and at the same time the most practical wallet, the Ledger hardware wallet is worth noting.
The cold storage method used in the Ledger wallet allows you to provide maximum protection against hacking and hacker attacks, and a portable display and a convenient web interface will make it as easy as possible to make transactions.
Tips for safe purchase and storage
The interest of hackers and scammers in the crypto market is growing exponentially. Attackers are trying in every way to get users' personal information, to get hold of passwords to crypto wallets and exchange accounts.
To protect yourself, follow simple security measures:
- Install two-factor authorization (2FA). This is a great way to protect both the wallet and the exchange account.
- Use cold storage wallets that do not give attackers access to coins.
- Update the software regularly so as not to leave holes in the security of your computer.
- Do not use public Wi-Fi to log in to the exchange or wallet. It cannot provide the proper level of security.
- Divide the funds. Never store all your eggs in one basket and leave only the amount of assets on hot storage wallets that you can lose without the risk of becoming bankrupt.
Since the beginning of 2021, the value of the DOT coin has increased by more than 213%, which makes the coin attractive for investment and trading.
Among the methods listed above, you can choose the most attractive way to buy Polkadot, but whichever option you choose, always adhere to strict security measures.