Ethereum has gone to POS. Is it worth buying new GPUs for mining? The best video cards for mining after ETH 2.0
Ethereum is switching to POS (from POW) on September 15, 2022. What does this mean for miners?
First of all, the fact that video cards are no longer needed to mine this coin. It will not be possible to mine Ethereum anymore (from September 15, 2022).
In this video I build a GPU mining rig specifically focused on mining after the end of Ethereum mining (aka ETH 2.0) in 2022. I wanted to build a GPU mining rig that has the best chances possible to be profitable after we can no longer mine Ethereum. This GPU mining rig is built specifically to be as efficient as possible for mining 3 different coins on the same mining rig: Ergo, Flux & Ravencoin.
Ethereum has gone to POS: is it worth buying new mining farms?
Despite the fact that Ethereum has gone to POS, many are wondering whether it is worth buying new video cards and assembling new mining farms (is it worth leaving your mining farms, or is it easier to sell them)? What will happen next with the world of cryptocurrency mining?
To all these questions, we have prepared an answer for you. And they also calculated and said whether it is worth investing in new video cards for assembling mining farms?
In short, yes, mining will still be profitable for at least a few more years, since there are many popular POW coins on the market that trade well and are mined in a plus (prifit coins).
Among the profitable POW coins, the following types of cryptocurrencies can be distinguished:
- Ethereum Classic
- Raven Coin
- And so on
In general, there are a lot of decent POW coins on the market now, and if you consider that new ones will appear, then mining can be called profitable for a long time.
In order to understand how much this or that coin will bring you (on a certain video card), you can use the online calculator – whattomine.
More detailed information in the video. Here are his key points:
- Building a GPU mining rig for mining after the Ethereum merge
- Will GPU mining be profitable after Ethereum 2.0?
- Minerdude X12 server case introduction for GPU mining
- Best GPUs for mining after the end of Ethereum
- Follow along as I mine on this rig on the Herominers pool
- Building a 6700 XT, 3070 & 2080 Ti GPU mining rig
- How to mine different coins on the same mining rig in HiveOS
- Ergo, Flux & Ravencoin mining hashrates
- 15:56 Next episode of the Ergo, Flux & Ravencoin mining rig series